Cost of Moving House Finances - Budget Items
When you are moving house there are a lot of costs you need to budget for, in addition to simply the cost of the house itself. When working out your budget for moving house it is important to take all these additional costs into consideration.
Cost of Moving House
The main costs you need to consider when determining you moving house finances include the following:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax. Different bands apply depending on the cost of the house. If your property costs less than £125,000 then no Stamp Duty is payable. Full details of Stamp DUty Land Tax can be found on here
- Solicitors Fees. When asking for a quotation from a solicitor check what is included. Key moving costs to look out for are search fees.
- Removal Fees, typically house removers can cost from £350 - £2000 depending on where you live, how far you are moving and obviously how much you have to move.
- If you are moving into a new house then there are other moving house
costs you should consider when budgeting your finances:
- The cost of carpeting, including underlay, gripper rods and fitting.
- Telephone line connection, including broadband
- Curtain rails and curtains
- TV Aerial or Sky dish installation