How to avoid stress when moving house
Here are some top tips for avoding stress while you are moving house.
- Don't let anyone bully you into fixing a moving date - if you can't do the date wanted then another date will have to be agreed.
- If you can't cope with viewings ask the estate agent to do it for you while you are out.
- Consider buying a new house. It cuts out the inevitable stress and unreliability of a house buying chain.
- Consider selling your house first and then renting a property until you find somewhere to buy. We have done most of our moves this way and it does remove much of the stress.
- Don't book anything (removals etc) until you have been told that you have exchanged contracts or you may finish up having to re-arrange everything.
- Use a professional removals company. This will greatly reduce the stress of the move on the day itself.